Tuesday 18 Aug, 2026

SAS continues to cancel departures

Photo: SAS

Remove

The high prices of jet fuel are causing SAS to cancel departures in May as well, the airline announces.

”"We are making adjustments to selected routes, primarily where there is the possibility of rebooking, in order to maintain flexibility for our customers," writes SAS press manager Alexandra Lindgren Kaoukji in a press release.

It is not clear which departures and how many.

According to SAS, these are proactive measures to prioritize and protect holiday traffic so that travelers "can plan their trips this summer without worry.".

The increased jet fuel price is an effect of the outbreak of the Iran war, which has limited the supply of oil products.

In April, SAS canceled 1,000 flights for the same reason. At the time, the company's CEO Anko van der Werff said that this could be compared to SAS "having 800 flights per day.".

Aviation expert Jan Ohlsson predicted that SAS would cancel more departures when he was interviewed by Di last week.

”"I am absolutely convinced that SAS will be forced to cut more flights. That they will only cancel 1,000 flights - it is unlikely that will work. With these high fuel prices, they should also have a 'Lufthansa situation'", he said at the time, referring to the fact that German Lufthansa was forced to cancel 20,000 flights through October.

Source: DI-TT.SE

Remove

Related posts

SAS is returning to India after a 17-year absence. On October 1, 2026, the airline will start a...
SAS
An aircraft going from Arlanda to Vaasa has had to turn around and make an emergency landing. – After takeoff...
The drama earlier this summer when a man was being sucked out of an airplane...
Chinese aircraft manufacturer Comac has reached a new milestone with the C919 passenger aircraft. A model that...

Popular posts

Our website uses cookies. Read more about our use of cookies: Privacy policy