
Irish low-cost airline Ryanair does not intend to be intimidated by the strikes in Germany, CEO David O'Leary told journalists on Wednesday, AFP reports.
He said the company will not bow to the strikes and called the entire initiative a failure. On Wednesday, the pilots went on strike, affecting around 150 of the 400 scheduled Ryanair flights to and from Germany.
Ryanair has previously said that such measures are unnecessary but has also threatened to close unprofitable secondary bases in Germany if more are announced.
In connection with Wednesday's strike, many passengers had been warned well in advance and thus avoided being stuck at the airports, according to the news agency.
Meanwhile, Ryanair cannot fully breathe a sigh of relief as new strikes are expected to be announced on Thursday by unions in other European countries. The strikes mainly concern pilots' dissatisfaction with wages and working conditions.
By FINWIRE







