Wednesday 19 Aug, 2026

IAG will not participate in a bidding war for Norwegian

Remove

The airline group IAG, which includes British Airways among others, will not participate in any bidding war for the airline Norwegian.

The company's CEO Willie Walsh said this at a dinner hosted by The Aviation Club UK, the Irish Independent wrote on Sunday.

The CEO noted that the share price has fallen and that there have been rumours of a potential bidding war for the company.

”We will not participate in any bidding war for the company. Nor are we interested in a third terminal at Dublin Airport,” he said.

IAG will remain interested in Norwegian NAS even after the purchase of 4.6 percent of the company last year.

”I like Norwegian. I like the brand. I like what Björn Kjos has done,” he said, but added that Norwegian's investment in the Boeing 787 was wrong.

Source: di.se

Remove

Related posts

Tata Consultancy Services and Rolls-Royce have successfully operated a modern aviation gas turbine for the first time...
Travel report
The worst peak for jet fuel has passed – but ticket prices remain at high levels. ...
SAS is returning to India after a 17-year absence. On October 1, 2026, the airline will start a...
SAS
An aircraft going from Arlanda to Vaasa has had to turn around and make an emergency landing. – After takeoff...

Popular posts

Our website uses cookies. Read more about our use of cookies: Privacy policy